Man choked on own vomit, inquest finds
A MAN who was drunk and on sedatives died after choking on his own vomit, an inquest has ruled.
Thomas Mervyn Hanvey, 55, was found dead at his home in Princess Way, Portadown, on October 26, 2009.
He was discovered lying on his bed when his family raised the alarm after he had not been seen for several days, Belfast Coroner Brian Sherrard said.
The inquest findings were delayed from June last year after his family argued that an alleged earlier assault may have contributed to his death.
Mr Sherrard ruled this out, adding, “I am quite content that this is right the way it is.”
He said, “This matter is very distressing indeed for the Hanvey family. Exhaustive efforts were made to try to resolve the outstanding issues that the family had with regard to this matter.”
The coroner said Mr Hanvey died from inhalation of gastric contents due to acute alcohol intoxication combined with diazepam and chlorpromazine.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Portadown
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 7 mph
Wind direction: South east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west