A female would-be killer was released on bail today (Wednesday, January 13) charged with attempting to murder a man who was stabbed.
Louise Marshall (36) told Craigavon Magistrates Court she understood the single charge against her.
Marshall, from Manor Court in Moira, is accused of attempting to murder Robert O’Callaghan on January 11 this year.
The 54-year-old was stabbed in the early hours of Monday in the Manor Court area of the Co Down village and he remains in hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
A 21-year-old man who was also arrested in connection with the incident has since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
In court today a detective constable said she knew the facts surrounding the incident and that she believed she could connect Marshall to the offence while a prosecuting lawyer asked for the case to be adjourned for four weeks as a “full file has been requested”.
Defence barrister Paul Bacon revealed that “vulnerable” Marshall had been released on police bail yesterday (Tuesday) evening so that being the case, District Judge Mervyn Bates freed her on court bail.
He barred Marshall from contacting her alleged victim and the other man arrested over his alleged involvement and also imposed conditions that Marshall observes a curfew and is not allowed to drink alcohol or enter licensed premises.
Ordering Marshall to come back to court on February 10, Judge Bates warned her that if she breached any of the conditions, “the court may decide that you should be remanded into custody”.