When will McDonald’s in Portadown, Lurgan and Craigavon reopen?
McDonald’s drive Thru restaurants are set to reopen soon in the Craigavon, Portadown and Lurgan areas.
Having shut in March when the Lockdown restrictions were enacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the plan is to reopen most of the Drive Thrus by June 4.
However this is subject to the PSNI and local authority guidance and McDonald’s says has closed some pilot Drive Thru lanes were demand has impacted on the local communities or the safety of staff and customers.
With a smaller staff in kitchens, the firm has asked people to be patient while awaiting food, particularly when demand is high.
While there is no specific date for the Portadown, Lurgan and Craigavon Drive Thrus reopening, a spokesperson said they will release the locations of the reopening restaurants on the morning of each day.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “We can today announce that by 4th June, 28 of McDonald’s Northern Ireland restaurants will have reopened for Drive Thru and McDelivery. Every Drive Thru in the UK and Ireland will reopen between Tuesday and Thursday next week and we will start to expand the availability of McDelivery too.
“This is only possible following the hard work of the teams in our 44 UK and Ireland pilot restaurants. Over the last fortnight, our employees, franchisees and suppliers have worked tirelessly to implement new procedures to help enable safe working so that we can now serve McDonald’s favourites to all parts of the UK and Ireland.
“With fewer employees working in our kitchens and service areas, our teams will still need your patience and support as they continue to adjust to the new ways of working. Face coverings, gloves, Perspex screens and new safety and hygiene processes mean it will look different, it will take a little longer and as we’ve seen in the pilot restaurants, we expect demand will be high. Please bear with us, we will continue to put our people first – their safety is our priority.
“In the last week, on occasion, we have taken the decision to close Drive Thru lanes where demand has impacted local communities or the safety of our people or customers. We will continue to work with local authorities and the PSNI as we extend our reopening plans. With smaller teams, we will still be offering a limited menu over reduced hours, and we ask that you make contactless payments, limit your spend to £25.
“We are continuing to review these measures as we reopen, but for now these restrictions remain in place to enable our employees, customers and delivery partner couriers to remain safe.
“To manage the anticipated demand, we will release the locations of the reopening restaurants on the morning of each day.”
A message from the Editor:
Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper whenever you are able to do so.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspaper when you can safely.
You can also enjoy unlimited access to the best news from across Northern Ireland and the UK by subscribing to newsletter.co.uk
With a digital subscription, you can read more than five articles, see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Visit https://www.newsletter.co.uk/subscriptions now to sign up.