Police have confirmed that a post mortem examination has now been completed on a man whose body was found in Lurgan Park yesterday morning and have said it is no longer being treated as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: “While his death is not believed to be suspicious, police continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding it and the events leading up to his body being discovered.”
Lurgan Park has now re-opened following the police investigation of what at that stage they believed was a suspicious death there.
A council spokesperson announced: “Lurgan Park will be re-open from 2.30pm today (Saturday, January 9) until usual closing of 6pm.”
The park had been closed following the discovery of the body of Stewart Agnew, who was in his twenties.
His body was discovered in the park, close to the Avenue Road entrance, on Friday morning.