A 32-year-old man was made the subject of a two year restraining order when he appeared last Thursday at Banbridge Magistrates Court.
Martin Markusek, Limewood, Banbridge, had been charged with pursuing a course of conduct which amounted to harassment of a woman on April 19 this year.
The case was listed to be contested but the charge was dismissed when the defendant agreed to the restraining order.
The court heard that a relationship between Markusek and his partner ended at the end of April.
But, it was added, the defedant continued to contact her through telephone calls and text messages.
He turned up at her house at unsocial hours, went to a primary school and followed her through the town.
This behaviour had happened over a period of ten days.
A barrister representing the defendant said it took the defendant some time to come to terms with the break up but now he was prepared to abide by the terms of the order.
Under the restraining order Markusek is to have no contact with the injured party, either directly or indirectly, is not to pester, intimidate or harass her and is not to encourage anyone else to contact her.
District Judge, Mr Paul Copeland, said the court took a serious view of harassment.
He added that the defendant was fortunate the prosecution took a generous view and had the charge formally dismissed.