Fire Service at Craigavon Hospital again

The NI Fire and Rescue Service have attended Craigavon Area Hospital again this afternoon due to reports of a fire.

Thursday, 10th March 2016, 4:14 pm
Updated Thursday, 10th March 2016, 4:16 pm
Gas leak at Craigavon Hospital

Staff said it appears a fire broke out on the roof of the laundry building.

Five fire appliances attended the scene.

There are no reports of staff being evacuated at this stage.

A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call at 3:06pm to a report of a fire on a roof at premises in the Lurgan Road area of Portadown this afternoon (Thursday 10th March).

“Two Fire Appliances from Portadown Fire Station and one Fire Appliance each from Armagh, Banbridge and Lurgan Fire Stations were deployed to the scene. Firefighters using thermal imaging cameras dealt with a small fire on a roof in the area. The fire had been extinguished by staff upon arrival of Firefighters.

“Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service finished at the scene at 3:51pm and the fire is being treated as accidental.”

Yesterday afternoon the NIFRS sealed off part of the hospital due to a gas leak.

It is understood the main gas pipe to the hospital was broken.

Three appliances attended yesterday and the main entrance was closed for a while.

It is understood a number of wards in the Ramone Building and the X Ray department were evacuated.

No one from the hospital trust was available to comment at the time of going to print.