Man banned after second drink driving conviction

Court
Court
Share this article

For a second drink driving conviction within a ten year period a 37-year-old man was banned from the roads for three years last Wednesday at Craigavon Court.

Sergio Fortuna, Willow Drive, Portadown, was also fined £300 and ordered to pay a £15 offender’s levy for driving with excess alcohol on July 18.

The court heard that police in Thomas Street, at 2.25am saw a car being driven erratically and it mounted a kerb.

They spoke to the defendant who was driving and there a smell of intoxicating liquor on his breath. An evidential test gave a reading of 81.

Mr Gabriel Ingram, representing the defendant, said Fortuna had been at a party and had walked to a local establishment.

He added that when the defendant went back to the party he decided to drive home.

District Judge, Mr Mervyn Bates, said this was the defendant’s second similar conviction within the ten year period.