A woman who threw acid over herself outside a Craigavon store yesterday has been moved to the Burns Unit in Belfast.
The woman, who is in her 20s, is understood to have purchased a type of acidic drain cleaner and poured it over herself outside B&Q on Tuesday afternoon.
Eyewitnesses said the woman, who is in her 20s, attempted to pour the acid over herself before walking back into the store where she was helped by staff.
The NI Ambulance Service, NI Fire and Rescue Service and the PSNI were called.
The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said it responded to a 999 call to retail premises in Craigavon on Tuesday 24 March at 3:42pm following reports of a female having sustained acid burns to her chest, arms and legs.
“An A&E crew was despatched, along with two ambulance officers, and the patient was taken to Craigavon Area Hospital for treatment,” said a spokesperson.
A spokesperson for the Southern Health Trust said the person concerned had been transferred from Craigavon Hospital to the Burns Unit in Belfast.
The Fire and Rescue Service said two appliances from Lurgan turned out to “a special service call at the B&Q Warehouse Shop”.
The spokesman said: “On arrival, Ambulance Service had already a casualty in their care. Fire crews diluted a spillage of liquid with water to make it safe.
“The incident ended at 16.22hrs (4.22pm).”
The PSNI said: “Police attended a report of a woman in distress at commercial premises on Central Way in Craigavon on the afternoon of Tuesday 24th March. The report was received at around 3.45pm. The woman was taken to hospital for treatment a short time later. There are no further details.”